Everyone needs a quiet place for retreat. Pastoral stress today is growing and more crippling than ever. The effect of this stress is debilitating to the individual as well as their flock. While moments for personal nurturing of the soul are fleeting, Shepherd’s Refuge works to stand in this gap.
As referenced in 2 Tim 4:13, our guests have time and opportunity to refresh themselves instead of toiling to feed others. Our goal is to help guests prevent and recover from burnout; therefore, we do not offer any set schedules or programs.
Our Founders & Hosts
Ruedi and Sandy Mettler, both natives of Switzerland, have a long history of caring for others. Sandy graduated as a Nurse in her home country, and Ruedi looks back over a successful thirty-two year career in the airline industry. Ruedi and Sandy are pastors for pastors. Their servant-hearted lifestyle is motivated by a love for Jesus Christ and a sincere desire to show His love to others who are tired and hurting.
Our Board of Directors
- Harry Moats, Chairman of the Board, Independent Consultant for the Construction Industry
- Ruedi Mettler, Founder/Director, Pastor, retired from the Airline Industry
- Sandy Mettler, Founder, retired RN
- Fran Jones, Treasurer, CFO in the Construction Industry
- Debbie Joyner, Secretary, Retired Pastor’s spouse
- Rob Jones, currently working in Real Estate
- Curt M. Howard, MBA, Retired 3M Area Manager
- Richard Joyner, Retired Pastor
- Dave Tulka, Retired HPE Solution Manager
- Stefani Strength, Director of Operations, DeKalb Chamber of Commerce