There are many reasons that prompt our guests to come for a visit. Yours might be different than any others, but here are the most common ones:
- Time of physical rest and spiritual refreshing, and inner reflection
- Quiet time away from the office, from disruption, from an issue that has grown into a mountain
- Special time away like an anniversary or birthday
- Need to talk with someone that is safe and neutral, without the requirement of a counselor
- A retreat time that otherwise might not be affordable
Whatever your reason for planning some time at Shepherd’s Refuge, we are here to meet your needs.
- Be intentional and disconnect from digital noise as much as possible (we have limited Wi-Fi and cell phone reception).
- Be ready to go without TV and Newspapers.
- Most of all, pray for the Lord to provide you with the rest, to speak into your heart and spirit.
- An intercessory prayer team is already at work covering your trip and your time at Shepherd’s Refuge.
- Share your needs and desired outcome of your stay with your accountability partner.
- While here, do not feel guilty for what might seem like unproductive time (sleep, rest)!
I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
(Psalm 40:1 KJV)
- The hosts are prepared to interact as much or as little as you desire, whether you are staying in the Upper Room, the Selah Cabin or the Shiloh Cabin.
- There are hiking trails on the property, bring sturdy shoes if you want to use them.
- Benches in secluded, quiet places provide the needed solitude.
- Over 4500 physical books are available, plus a good selection of DVDs.
- Adirondack chairs invite you to sit a while on the deck at the Lodge.
- Comfortable lounge chairs offer rest, to read or doze off in the loft at the Lodge.
- WIFI is available in and around the Lodge.